Second Time Is The Charm

Happy Wednesday.  I am finally getting up a post on my changes to the Master Bedroom and En Suite Bath.

I just could not get the romantic and spa feel I wanted in there the first time around so I decided to start over from scratch.  That means repainting the walls and furniture!!!!
Here is the supervisor on the job.  Our Basset Hound Libby. She looks just thrilled that we are tearing the room apart and starting over in this room!!!!  You can just tell by her look that she is thinking "Jez can you just leave well enough alone"!
The new color on the walls is called Snowfall in Paris.  It was an old paint chip I had from Glidden.  They no longer make this color so the great paint guy at HomeDepot was able to color match it to the Behr paint I love with primer.  It is a very light grey.  I love how all my chippy white pops with this new color on the walls.
Here are the chandeliers on as night was approaching.  It really brings a romantic vibe to the room.  Love having these chandeliers on dimmers.
I really feel I got the soft romantic spa like retreat now.  My bedroom is my favorite room.  It really is a sanctuary for me and the hubby at the end of the day.  I love the newer softer colors in this bedroom.


The old vintage hanger with old knobs was painted in the Behr antique white paint and then I distressed it.
Here is a view of the armoire painted in light grey. Looks white in the picture but it is a silver light grey called Gallery White by Behr.  Very pretty with my vintage glass knobs.  I painted my grandmother's old darning basket with AS paris grey paint and the roof on my little Hampton's cottage was also painted with the Paris Grey.
I was able to use my white wreath I had hanging in the bedroom before.  Just added the grey and white painted Hope sign and the angel wings. 

This is the new bedskirts.  I used two, one is a light grey and white check straight skirt from Target and then I layered my white ruffle skirt and ruched it up to give a softer look to the skirts.
I brought in my white Ikea chair and added this pottery barn grey euro sham pillow for a back cushion.  I found this soft and cozy grey throw at HomeGoods.  The drapes are a sheer with a soft pattern embroidered throughout.  I love that I can close these on a sunny day and it filters the light into the room so nicely.  I wish it was a sunny day today to have taken these pictures.  It really is so pretty on a sun filled day to have the light streaming through this room.
The hubby painted all the chandeliers white.


My Grandmothers cedar chest got a new top cover. It is a white and grey pattern.  I kept the wood in the chippy white that it was.




The night stands are painted in the mixture of Annie Sloan Pure White and Paris Grey.  I love the color I got with mixing the two.  Dark enough for contrast but soft enough to keep it romantic.


Love these pretty lights at night.  So romantic.  It is like having candle light.
I was able to move my beautiful love birds that my hubby got for me for our anniversary years ago.  They are a sweet and romantic addition to my night stand.  One of my most treasured gifts that he has given me for our anniversary.
There you have it the supervisor is good with the room now!!!! She got a new bed out of it .  She likes to sleep on our bed so with white bedding she needed to have a place to curl up in.   I usually do not show how we really live in these pictures for posts but with a doggie and a lot of white through out my house,  I have dog beds and throws on the white furniture !!!!  I know it is a shocker that my house does not stay pristine white with a dog!!!! I guess my secret to keeping things white is out now!!!!







Here are a few pictures of the en suite master bathroom.  It was hard to get good pictures in this room.  We painted the walls in the same color as the bedroom.


The chippy white vintage pieces I have in the bathroom now pop on the new grey walls.





I have a double shower in this master bath so it takes two shower curtain to cover the glass doors.  I used these two white ruffle ones from Target.  I painted my make up table white and the chair was painted with Annie Sloan pure white paint and then I waxed the fabric.  So far so good with painting fabric furniture.


Well there you have it a peak at the new master bedroom and en suite master bath.  I think I got my spa/romantic feel to these rooms.
Stepping out of my cream and white world and doing the pure white with grey was a stretch for me but I really am liking the results.

Have a great rest of the week.  Make sure you tune in on Saturday for another couple of great bloggers to get to know better.  I will be featuring Marty from A Stroll Thru Life and Susan will be featuring Sherry from No Minimalist Here.  Two talented bloggers that you will love getting to know on a more personal level.
Kris
:)
Sharing with Shabbilicious Friday
Sharing with Centerpiece Wednesday
Sharing with What's it Wednesday
Sharing with Grey Day Thursday
Sharing with Wow Us Wednesday
Sharing with Blissful Whites Wednesday
Sharing with Show and Tell Friday
Sharing with Fall into Fall
Sharing with Works for me Wednesday
Sharing with Thursday's Favorite Things Party
Sharing with Treasure Hunt Thursday
Sharing with Share Your Cup Thursday
Sharing with Home and Garden Thursday
Sharing with Open House Thursday

64 comments

  1. Your bedroom looks lovely! The color of the walls is perfect--love the name of it too. I love it when paint colors have cool names. It draws me to them :) Your dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really have been busy with all of your painting projects, Kris! Your bedroom is so pretty and really does have that soothing spa sanctuary feel that you were going for! It looks like Libby agrees:) Your chandeliers are gorgeous, I love how you even have one in the bath. And I also love your use of two bedskirts, I think I will have to borrow your idea! You've done an awesome job on your makeover!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it turned out really great, Kris! i really do love the grey and i bet it pops in person! btw, i had my comments set to "no-reply" which I didn't realize, so if i didn't write you back after or if you replied to a comment from me, that's why...whoops! it's fixed now :) love those chandeliers too, hanging by the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris- I am just IN LOVE with your bedroom makeover. It is just gorgeous! It is pure romance and I can tell that you love spending time in there. You did such a wonderful job on the whole room AND the bathroom, too! I love it, love it, love it!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Kris. I love it. So romantic and you certainly got the look you were going for. Love the chandys and the colors. You have so many really beautiful and charming pieces especially that dainty little fur ball in the bed. I put pillows, blankets, beds, towels, and my cat just misses them by about one inch! Thank heaven the dog wouldn't fit on the furniture..The bathroom is gorgeous too..Great job..Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kris, Your bedroom turned out beautiful. The grey walls add an elegant touch to the shabby whites. I love that look. Basset Hounds are so cute and your Libby is such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Extraordinaire ! J'aime la façon dont tu expliques pas à pas les changements effectués dans ta chambre. Vraiment impressionnant. Le résultat est d'une douceur incroyable sans pour autant être froid. Le chien est trop adorable, et oui, lorsque nous vivons avec nos quatre pattes il leur faut leur confort à eux aussi.

    xoxo

    Joëlle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kris,
    I absolutely love how your bedroom turned out. So elegant and romantic. TFS.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. It turned out beautifully, Kris! The white does look great against that grey color. A very restful looking room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous Kris! So beautiful! I love the color combination. So soothing and soft. You have the prettiest decor!!! Magazine worthy I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is truly beautiful and very tranquil. I love the lovebirds! So romantic! The dog bed idea is cute. Do you do that at night, also?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved it before, and I love it again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kris, it turned out great!! (Looks like Libby likes it, too! :) Such a soft, pretty color; and I really love those windows in the bathroom!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so beautiful! I love your sign from Song of Solomon. Thanks so much for sharing your inspiring space. Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kris, Your room is beautiful. Just keeping it clean with a man would be impressive. :):) But a man and a dog....you are amazing. Love it. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it!! Very romantic indeed! Your bathroom is really nice. I don't recall seeing it.
    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! I love it all but the dog bed is just the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kris, I love the grays you brought into your bedroom and bath. They really do provide a nice contrast with all your whites.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's all beautifully done, Kris. I think you captured the spa feeling you were looking for and Libby looks like she's ready for her massage! I love, love, love the pair of windows in your master bath!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh Kris...the room is absolutely gorgeous!!!!...love the shutters!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The new color really does make your spa retreat pop. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You make a great team and got a great result! Love the grey. You are definitely expert at the details. So many lovelies in this room. All gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow just beautiful. I love your bathroom. That sink is so neat! I love the new paint, oh and that dog is so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Kris, I love your grey walls... they're perfect with all of your touches. Beautiful job and I love how the chandeliers give such a nice glow. My very favourite part? The fact that Libby is a faded version of a basset. tee hee. She fits in perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Definitely romantic . . . lovely touches as usual with your great taste. I might have trouble getting out of bed.

    We are luck with Lulu. She sits on our bed a little bit at night and in the morning when she awakens at 6:30 we bring her back to bed with us for awhile. Otherwise, she does not like being on the furniture AND she does not shed since she has hair, not fur. Our issues are sand, sand, sand and oh yeah, sand.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It all looks so lovely! You must not have kids!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I absolutely love it all!!! I have been seriously thinking about doing away with my pink in the livingroom and kitchen for a few years but was a little scared to paint the walls white once again. I am in love with the grey...I may just do this this spring. Everything is just so beautiful Kris...everything you two touch just turns to gold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful as always! Your husband must be a patient man to help you paint so much! I have told you before but I do love that dog!!!! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Kris, you truly amaze me and I get so much from what you do and wanted to say thank you!! You are a great friend. This is just a wonderful retreat. Libby is just precious. Peanut and Reeses are the same way, they love to cuddle.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow!!! Your bedroom looks gorgeous and very romantic. I love the new painting and i love your dog!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am in love! Bright white and soft grey are my favorite color combo's in my house. I adore what you've done with your bedroom and bathroom. I love the bedding and the grey European shams you used. I also like the chandeliers and the grey paint on the walls. I need to redo my master bathroom to better coordinate with my bedroom and I'm planning on painting the walls a light grey to off set all the white in there. Your rooms really give me the motivation! Great idea to put your dog bed on your bed too. My dog gets on my bed all the time and messes it up!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh Kris, I simply love your new spa bedroom/bath. Everything is perfect so soft and romantic. Even the doggie matches the bedroom LOL. Looks like she loves her new bed also. I love all the chandy's painted white. Great job!!!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  33. Kris your room looks beautiful!! Libby is such a cutie:)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your room is absolutely beautiful! I love everything about it! How did you make the headboard?

    ReplyDelete
  35. WOW!!! Oh Kris, it is beautiful. Both bedroom and adjoining bath. All soft and soothing....
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love it...so pretty!!!! I keep extra blankets on our bed for the little Yorkie girls to sleep on...have some on my sofa in the living room too.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  37. this just might be my fav room of your gorgeous home, kris:) love the ruched double skirt, the old doorknob hanger is too sweet, libby, of course:), and the arched windows above the toilet! i bought a couple of those ikea chairs when i picked up my farm sink-- i love how petite they are:) gorgeous room, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very cute...love everything...the bed,bathroom, chandelier and the dog!!
    Daisy~

    ReplyDelete
  39. such a serene get away room Kris....just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  40. So very pretty! I love the check bed-skirt and the chandelier the best. Its such a lovely room and so cozy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  41. That's incredible! Your bedroom looks like a soothing and restful place...your dog certainly thinks so:) Love your bathroom too!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Kris! I LOVE the new colors! I have been debating doing our bedroom with white/beige or white/grey and keep leaning towards the grey. Even though I fond these matching chairs in beige that I love, I'm still leaning towards the grey. Now that I've seen how gorgeous it looks in your bedroom/bathroom, I'm convinced grey is the way to go! It's soft ad feminine but not too girly and it really shows off the white accents! Great job! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  43. ...beau-ti-ful!!
    ~sigh~
    visiting from grey dey thursdey...
    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow Kris...love it!! I just started my makeover yesterday of my master bedroom...I have a loooong way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Chris,
    You did yourself proud! Your instincts on the color combinations were perfect.. I love the room redo but then , you always do a stunning job.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love the pale grey and white colour scheme Kris. It is very spa like and oozes calm and serenity. The chippy, shabby elements work so well together... you must be so thrilled with the finished room. Libby is adorable too!!
    Hugs - Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a romantic paradise Kris! Do you rent out? lol! Love the color combinations. I have been hashing the idea of painting my bed white or grey for some time now. I just started painting it white this weekend. Will work on it more tomorrow. I love the layering of bed skirts! Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  48. I loved your room before but I love the softer look too! You did a fabulous job! Your bathroom is gorgeous too. Lucky you to have room for a make-up table! My favorite part of the room has to be Libby. She looks so sweet! I have 2 Shih Tzus so white wouldn't work at all for me. I went with lighter beige furniture in the living room and have to keep everything covered. I also have a top sheet over my bedding because they both sleep with us on a king-sized bed.

    ReplyDelete
  49. oh my....these pics are ALL going in my "bedroom makeover inspiration folder" for sure! stunning! love every. little. detail! sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  50. Oh my goodness....LOVE that headboard ~ so much we pinned it (Karrie's looking for headboard ideas!) Well....second time IS the charm for you ~ your bedroom is truly tranquil! (Loved the Song of Solomon board as well!!!!)
    ~ Karla & Karrie

    ReplyDelete
  51. WOW!
    I usually ramble in my comments (I do!) but your bedroom is so ethereal it left me speechless... almost.
    WOW!
    Be very Happy in that lovely room. You're Honor Bound to.
    Such a blessed and blissful creation

    ReplyDelete
  52. Your bedroom and bath are absolutely gorgeous. So much to love...the headboard, the chandelier, the bedding, the dog! LOL! Really it is just such a lovely space.
    Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
  53. OH, Kris! You did it - beautifully romantic and serene - very spa-like! Love the name of the paint color - too bad they don't make that name any longer - so glad for paint matching! Lovedit! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  54. Popping back to let you know that I'm featuring your beautiful bedroom at Shabbilicious Friday this week.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  55. Is there any chance you still have the snowfall in paris paint formula? Iv'e been looking for the perfect while and this one is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hello! I love your wall paint color! Could you send me a picture of the sticker color match from Behrman? I would love to paint my walls this color too! You have such a beautiful home and style! My email is brianne59@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hello! I love your wall paint color! Could you send me a picture of the sticker color match from Behrman? I would love to paint my walls this color too! You have such a beautiful home and style! My email is brianne59@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. The white wreath did u make it or buy it I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Boy this was an old post. That wreath was actually from Home Goods. I bought it some time ago. I still see them every once in awhile in Home Goods or TJ Maxx. So I would keep your eye open for one. Have a great start to the new week. Hope you come back to see this reply since you are a no reply I could not email you back.
      Kris

      Delete

sponsor